Do you have young kids who you’re preparing to homeschool? if so, you’re probably searching high and low for the best homeschooling curriculum for elementary school!
Best Homeschooling Curriculum for Elementary School
Perhaps you’re brand new to homeschooling. Whether you’ve chosen this educational path with enthusiasm and excitement, or have come to it reluctantly and unexpectedly, WELCOME! On the other hand, maybe you’re a long-time homeschooler who’s looking for new ideas and fresh inspiration. Either way, this is the perfect place for you to find the best homeschooling curriculum for elementary school!
I know how overwhelming it can feel when first starting out. I also know how it feels to long for new resources and inspiration when homeschooling feels a little stale. All dedicated homeschooling parents want to find the best materials and supplies but it’s tough to know where to start!
I’m hoping this list of resources will help simplify the selection process for you. Hopefully you’ll find plenty of appealing options and discover some interesting resources you weren’t aware of.
Let’s review some of the best homeschooling curriculum for elementary school!
Note: The majority of the resources listed below are ones that my family has used and wholeheartedly recommend. However, if you see an * before any materials listed, this indicates a resource that I have not personally used but have heard great things about from homeschooling families I know and trust.
I have organized this list by subject and have included links to relevant Homegrown Scholars blog posts that you’ll also find helpful.
Here we go!
best fREE homeschooling curriculum for Elementary school
Hey, why not dive into resources that are completely FREE first!?!
FREE online homeschooling resources – This is a blog post where I’ve listed A TON of FREE online resources.
best oNLINE MEMBERSHIP COMMUNITIES FOR HOMESCHOOLING elementary school:
It is CRITICAL that you find a supportive homeschooling community! While homeschooling offers an exciting, flexible, and meaningful way of educating your children and bonding as a family, there are inevitable obstacles and challenges too. If you’re struggling to find homeschooling friends locally, or a co-op or group where you feel comfortable and welcome, there are some wonderful virtual options out there!
- Brave Learner – For parents of ALL ages. PAID membership.
- The Kindred Collective – FREE with optional paid seasonal virtual conferences.
- * Other Goose – For parents with children ages 2-7. Paid membership. Note: Other Goose didn’t exist when my children were younger, otherwise I would have signed up in a heartbeat!
best cOMPLETE homeschooling CURRICULUM FOR elementary school:
- * Book Shark – Complete curriculum. All ages.
- Build Your Library – All ages (The program serves as a guide – required materials must be purchased separately.)
- * K-12 – All ages.
- Khan Academy – All ages and completely FREE.
- *Oak Meadow – All ages.
- Time 4 Learning – Online. All ages.
best mATh homeschooling curriculum for elementary school:
Supplemental Math Books
- Bedtime Math Series – Preschool – young kids. Note: There are a few books in this series.
- Life of Fred – Preschool through High School. There are a TON of these books, spanning all ages. They can be purchased separately or as a series. Note: Author writes from a Christian worldview.
- Murderous Maths – Upper elementary and up. Note: These can be purchased separately or as a series.
- Sir Cumference – Ages 8-12. Note: These can be purchased separately or as a series.
best lANGUAGE ARTs homeschooling curriculum resources for elementary school
- All About Learning – Offers both reading and spelling programs – may be used together or separately.
- BOB Books – Excellent supplement to a reading program.
- Brave Writer – All ages, online classes available too.
- Dance Mat Typing – FREE online typing program. Ages 7-11.
- Institute for Excellence in Writing (IEW) – Online classes available too. Note: Christian world view.
- The Creative Writer – Upper elementary through High School. There are three books in the series.
- Time for Writing – This is the writing component of Time for Learning.
best sCIENCe homeschooling curriculum for elementary school:
- * Bits Box – Coding subscription box.
- R.E.A.L. Science Odyssey – Pandia Press – Complete science curriculum.
- * KIWICO – Offers a variety of subscription crates.
- Insect Lore – A fun way to incorporate nature into your days.
best hISTORY & GEOGRAPHy homeschooling curriculum for elementary school:
- *Around the World Stories – Original audio stories for kids about other countries and cultures.
- Big History Project – FREE and online.
- Give Your Child the World by Jamie Martin – Book containing specific recommendations for history and geography books for regions and cultures. Best for up to high school. Note: Author has a Christian worldview but she is very honest about any recommendations she makes that are Christian.
- History Odyssey – Pandia Press – K-12
- Little Passports – Subscription box. Ages 3+
- Raddish – Cooking subscription box – focuses on different regions and cultures around the world. Ages 4+
best aRT homeschooling curriculum for elementary school:
- * Classy Artist Box – Subscription boxes.
- * Green Kid Crafts – Subscription boxes combining art and science.
- Let’s Make Art – Offers monthly watercolor subscription boxes as well as one time watercolor projects.
- * KidArtLit – Subscription boxes combining art and literature.
- * You Are an Artist Chalk Pastels – Offers different memberships and online tutorials. All ages.
best fOREIGN LANGUAGe homeschooling curriculum for elementary school:
- *Babbel – Paid app to learn languages. Doesn’t have a huge variety (but still offers more than 10 languages.)
- Duolingo – FREE and paid options for this popular app.
- * Homeschool Spanish Academy. Live online sessions with Spanish Instructors.
Best homeschooling curriculum covering a variety of DIFFERENT SUBJECTS:
- * Curiosity Stream – Tons of documentaries. Paid membership but VERY affordable!
- Outschool – Huge variety of online classes!
- Netflix – Great resource for documentaries!
you might also find the following blog posts helpful:
- Top 10 Must Have Homeschooling Supplies
- 5 Books Every Homeschooling Parent Should Read
- Best Books for Homeschooling – Contains 15 separate lists of books in different categories. I add new lists frequently and it’s an ongoing project, so be sure to check back frequently!
- Best Homeschooling Curriculum for Middle School
- Best Homeschooling Curriculum for High School
Let me know if you have questions about any of these resources. Happy homeschooling!