If you’re considering homeschooling your high schooler (or high schoolers!), you’ve probably got lots of questions and concerns. The teen years are full of challenges as well as exciting milestones. Whether you’re feeling excited and eager to dive in, or you’re a nervous wreck, I’ve got plenty of great resources to help you figure out how to homeschool high school!
How to Homeschool high School
I’ve been homeschooling my two children for 11 years, ever since my oldest started Kindergarten. This means that I am intimately familiar with all of the unique considerations that homeschooling requires.
To help you on your homeschooling journey, I’ve categorized important topics below. Feel free to scroll through and click on whatever topic feels most relevent or interesting to you.
Getting Started – Homeschooling 101
- 6 Things to do Before You Commit to Homeschooling – Start here to help you clarify your goals and organize your thoughts!
- 5 Books Every Homeschooling Parent Should Read – Essential reading for anyone considering homeschooling.
- How to Cover All of Your Homeschooling Legal Bases – Wondering if you’re following all of the legal rules and regulations related to homeschooling can feel super stressful! Here’s everything you need to know about how to keep things legal – super easy step-by-step guide!
- The Main Types of Homeschooling for You to Consider – If you’re wondering about the different homeschooling philosophies and methods available, this offers a helpful breakdown of the most common and popular types of homeschooling available.
how to homeschool elementary school – curriculum & Materials
- Top 10 Must-Have Homeschooling Supplies – I seriously can’t imagine homeschooling without these 10 items!
- Best Homeschooling Curriculum for High School – Tried and true curriculum and materials ideal for homeschooling the high school years.
- Best Books for Homeschooling – A handy list of top favorite books, categorized in a super simple and user-friendly way.
homeschooling Resources & organization
- Tips for Using Your Public Library – There are SO many amazing resources available through your local public library! Here’s a break down of all that’s available (both in-person and online).
- Fantastic Field Trip Ideas – SO many FREE and budget-friendly ideas for all ages!
- How to Homeschool on a Budget – Practical ideas for homeschooling on a budget!
- 5 Things You Can do This Week to Make Next Week Easier! – Tips on how to keep your homeschooling, meal-planning, cooking, cleaning, activities, and family life simple, organized, and fulfilling!
- How to Meal Plan When You Hate to Cook! – If (like me), you can think of about a thousand other things you’d rather do than cook, this has some awesome tips to help you navigate the challenge of meal times.
- Fall Homeschool Resources – Homeschooling materials and resources, practical self-care tips, and fun ideas for celebrating the fall season.
- Winter Homeschool Resources – Homeschooling materials and resources, practical self-care tips, and fun ideas for celebrating the winter season.
- Spring Homeschool Resources – Homeschooling materials and resources, practical self-care tips, and fun ideas for celebrating the spring season.
- Summer Homeschool Resources – Homeschooling materials and resources, practical self-care tips, and fun ideas for celebrating the summer season.
- How to Homeschool During the Holidays – Homeschooling materials and resources, practical self-care tips, and fun ideas for celebrating the holiday season.
Self-Care for homeschooling
- How to Practice Self-Care as a Homeschooling Mom – Simple, budget-friendly, and helpful tips for practicing self-care all year long. Divided up by season and also focusing on the holidays, plenty of these suggestions are relevent for homeschooling dads too!
Relationships: Family & Friends
- How to Find Your Homeschooling Community – Homeschooling can feel really lonely and isolating if you don’t have a supportive community. Here’s are tips for how to find your people!
- Will Homeschooling Be Hard on My Marriage? – If you’re married, homeschooling can take a toll on your relationship. Here’s some honest and supportive feedback.
- The 4 Main Phases of Homeschooling – 4!?! Yep! As our children grow and change and we become more comfortable with homeschooling as a lifestyle, we’re sure to experience different phases. Here’s what you need to know!
Encouragement & Inspiration
- How to Add More Joy to Your Homeschool! – Simple ways to bring creative, fun, and joy to your homeschooling!
- 10 Things My Kids Love About Homeschooling! – Here are 10 things my kids love about homeschooling – great encouragement when doubts creep in.
- Growth Mindset Tips for Homeschooling Parents – Tips for staying flexible, curious, commited, and inspired!
- Practice Makes Better! – A quick and supportive read for when you’re feeling down.
- How to Overcome Common Homeschooling Fears – Here are some typical concerns and how to kick them to the curb!
A Day in the Life
The following posts offer a glimpse into what a typical “Day in the Life” has looked like over the past few years. Enjoy!
- My Homeschooling Day in the Life with a 14 and 16-Year Old
- My Homeschooling Day in the Life with a 13 and 15-Year Old
- My Homeschooling Day in the Life with a 12 and 14-Year Old
I hope these resources help you gain clarity and confidence as you dive into homeschooling. If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond in the comments section below!
Leave a Reply