If you’re thinking about homeschooling your tween (or tweens!), my guess is that you’ve got plenty of questions and concerns. The good news is that I’ve got lots of great resources to help you figure out how to homeschool middle school!
How to Homeschool Middle School
I’ve been homeschooling my two children ever since my oldest started Kindergarten and she’s currently 16. This means that I’ve got TONS of experience navigating both the highs and lows that are a part of every homeschooling family’s journey!
To help you on your homeschooling journey, I’ve categorized typical topics of interest below. Scroll through and click on whatever topic feels most relevent or interesting to you.
Getting Started – Homeschooling 101
- 6 Things to Do Before You Commit to Homeschooling – A great way to help you clarify your goals and organize your thoughts!
- How to Cover All of Your Homeschooling Legal Bases – Wondering if you’re following all of the legal rules and regulations related to homeschooling can feel super stressful! Here’s everything you need to know about how to keep things legal – super easy step-by-step guide!
- The Main Types of Homeschooling for You to Consider – A breakdown of some of the most popular homeschooling philosophies and methods.
how to homeschool Middle school – curriculum & Materials
- Top 10 Must-Have Homeschooling Supplies – These 10 items have saved my sanity over and over again. I seriously can’t imagine homeschooling without them!
- Best Homeschooling Curriculum for Middle School – Tried and true curriculum and materials ideal for homeschooling the middle school years.
- Best Books for Homeschooling – A handy list of top favorite books, categorized in a super simple and user-friendly way.
Homeschooling resources & organization
- Tips for Using Your Public Library – There are SO many amazing resources available through your local public library! Here’s a breakdown of all that’s available (both in-person and online).
- Fantastic Field Trip Ideas – SO many FREE and budget-friendly ideas for all ages!
- How to Homeschool on a Budget – Practical ideas for homeschooling on a budget!
- 5 Things You Can Do This Week to Make Next Week Easier! – Tips on how to keep your homeschooling, meal-planning, cooking, cleaning, activities, and family life simple, organized, and fulfilling!
- How to Meal Plan When You Hate to Cook! – If (like me), you can think of about a thousand other things you’d rather do than cook, this has some awesome tips to help you navigate the challenge of meal times.
- Fall Homeschool Resources – Homeschooling materials and resources, practical self-care tips, and fun ideas for celebrating the fall season.
- Winter Homeschool Resources – Homeschooling materials and resources, practical self-care tips, and fun ideas for celebrating the winter season.
- Spring Homeschool Resources – Homeschooling materials and resources, practical self-care tips, and fun ideas for celebrating the spring season.
- Summer Homeschool Resources – Homeschooling materials and resources, practical self-care tips, and fun ideas for celebrating the summer season.
- How to Homeschool During the Holidays – Homeschooling materials and resources, practical self-care tips, and fun ideas for celebrating the holiday season.
Self-Care for homeschooling
- How to Practice Self-Care as a Homeschooling Mom – Simple, budget-friendly, and helpful tips for practicing self-care all year long. Divided up by season and also focusing on the holidays, plenty of these suggestions are relevant for homeschooling dads too!
Relationships: Family & Friends
- How to Find Your Homeschooling Community – Homeschooling can feel really lonely and isolating if you don’t have a supportive community. Here are tips for how to find your people!
- Will Homeschooling Be Hard on My Marriage? – If you’re married, homeschooling can take a toll on your relationship. Here’s some honest and supportive feedback.
- The 4 Main Phases of Homeschooling – 4!?! Yep! As our children grow and change and we become more comfortable with homeschooling as a lifestyle, we’re sure to experience different phases. Here’s what you need to know!
Encouragement & Inspiration
- How to Add More Joy to Your Homeschool! – Simple ways to bring creative, fun, and joy to your homeschooling!
- 10 Things My Kids Love About Homeschooling! – Here are 10 things my kids love about homeschooling – great encouragement when doubts creep in.
- Growth Mindset Tips for Homeschooling Parents – The tween years can be a rocky time for relationships and learning. Here are resources to help you grow and thrive during this time.
- Practice Makes Better! – A quick and supportive read for when you’re feeling down.
- How to Overcome Common Homeschooling Fears – Here are some typical concerns and how to kick them to the curb!
I hope these resources help you gain clarity and confidence as you dive into homeschooling. If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond in the comments section below!